Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Nikon SC-29 and Stroboframe Stroboflip Vertical/Horizontal Flash Rotator

Ok, so much for a long name for a title but these are the 2 pieces of camera accessories that I bought today. I am one step closer to reaching my goal and quota for Nikon dSLR accessories.

What are the use of these accessories? Well, it is use to align the flash so that it is always in an upright and overhead position. I got this because I was asked to cover an upcoming ROM this coming 7th July for a good friend of mine. I should not name the who yet as I prefer to let him and her announce it to the rest of my uni-friends. :)

I gotten these accessories to further aid me in doing a proper job for their ROM as I am going to cover this important event alone (The previous ROM for Thomas and Amelia, I did it with my partner Thomas who can back me up if I miss anything but not this time. *Sweat*)

I have taken a few shots to compare the alternative that I have for Flash Photography and roughly touch on the advantages of using these new accessories for shooting. Do pardon me for some of the Out-Of-Focus shots as I was trying to hurry myself to complete the shoot so that I can position it online.

Picture showing my D200 mounted on the Stroboframe Flash Bracket and with a SB800 connected via SC-29 on Horizontal Position.


Picture showing my D200 mounted on the Stroboframe Flash Bracket and with a SB800 connected via SC-29 on Vertical Position, you can see that the position of the Flash with respect to the camera still retain its original position which is upright and overhead of the lens.


Picture showing my D200 with SB800 mounted directly onto the camera at a Horizontal position. In comparison, this is no different with using a Stroboframe Flash Bracket.


Picture showing my D200 with SB800 mounted directly onto the camera at a Vertical position. Now, the Flash is firing from the side of the lens, hence the lighting is falling from the side instead of upfront.


I have got other Flash Photography accessories, let us see how they fare against the Stroboframe Flash Bracket.

Picture showing my D200 with SB800 mounted directly onto the camera at a Horizontal position with Gary Fong LightSphere mounted on the flash. Now, the LightSphere is used to diffuse the light so that it is not too harsh on the subject.


Picture showing my D200 with SB800 mounted directly onto the camera at a Vertical position with Gary Fong LightSphere mounted on the flash. Now, the head of the flash is twist and tilt to the position as show in the photograph so as to enable the Flash to be fired and diffuse, but still, the light is falling from one side of the camera.


Picture showing my D200 with SB800 mounted directly onto the camera at a Horizontal position with Juzbounce Bounce Card mounted on the flash. Now, the Bounce Card works the same way as a LightSphere which is used to diffuse the light so that it is not too harsh on the subject.


Picture showing my D200 with SB800 mounted directly onto the camera at a Vertical position with Juzbounce Bounce Card mounted on the flash. Same thing as the LightSphere, the head of the flash is twist and tilt to the position as show in the photograph so as to enable the Bounce Card works to fire and diffuse the light. However, more light is loss through the side and lesser amount of light is bounce off the card.


Picture showing the SC-29 mounted onto the Stroboframe Flash Bracket




Close Up of the Nikon SC-29 TTL Remote Cord


Close Up of the Stroboframe Stroboflip Vertical/Horizontal Flash Rotator

No comments: